Monday, October 25, 2010

Lithium trip

I started lithium yesterday. I was on an antibiotic that postponed my starting of lithium. Apparently when you mix Avelox and Lithium, sudden death is a side effect. WTF kind of "side effect" is that? I am not really noticing any earth shattering changes in mood or behavior which is to be expected. In a few days I will be taking it every 12 hours, at this time I am only taking it at night. The Dr. mentioned that some people get nauseous when taking lithium so she wanted to gradually get it in my system. I have to go on Saturday to get a blood test to check my lithium levels as well as my thyroid.  My doctor advised me to drink at least 5 bottles of water every day. I am a Diet Dr. Pepper addict so that is going to be tough, so far I am doing OK with it. Who knows, maybe it will help me lose a little weight too. I was given instructions to call my Dr. on the 3rd of Nov. so that she can tell me my blood test results and whether or not I can start wellbutrin as my anti-depressant. At this point I am cautiously optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment